Friday, March 21, 2014

Special Gift: My First iMac


The last 2 weeks my laptop was down and was send for service. The long waiting time was due to parts which needed to be order from oversea as the parts can't be obtain locally. :( I was having difficulty using my mum's iPad to do my work.  So imagine my surprise when dad took me to the shop and asked me to choose a computer....as a gift from him! *Super happy & excited*


I was deciding whether to get a laptop or a desktop. Eventually, dad advised to choose the desktop since I'll have my laptop back once it was fixed. iMac seems appropriate for me....given the 21.5 inch monitor...and it helps for video editing for my bigger projects. I was told that this computer will take on heavier editing loads...which is a must for me. 


Finally...I got my new iMac home. Love the packaging of the box.
Super heavy to carry it around but it was defiantly compact and easy to carry. 


Just an idea what'll you be getting in the box. 
*I must admit most of it I have no idea what they are*


I love how Apple put an effort in packing their computer as it make easier for us to remove them. 


The small box contained the wireless keyboard and mouse. 
Super sleek and stylish. 


Took me less than 5 minutes to set up. I plugged in the AC Adapter, plugged in the USB Keyboard, and hit the power button. It then instructed me to flip the power switch on my Magic Mouse and then I was ready for the setup. Super easy and breeze. 

I admit it took me a while to get used to using an iMac....but like my cousin said, once you're used to it you'll be hook on it.  And ya, I'm super loving my new 'toy'! A big thanks to my dear Pa for this wonderful gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment