Saturday, January 17, 2015

Japan Travel Blog: Nakano Broadway

While in Tokyo I planned to shop at Akihabara but being unfamiliar with the subway route, I decided to go Nakano Broadway instead which was closer to my hotel from Ikebukuro.


Travelling from Ikebukuro to Nakano station was easy & less hassle for me. 


While waiting for the train, at the back of my mind I was worried whether I will able to find my way to the shopping centre since I was travelling alone. 


Stepping out from Nakano station, I was able to put my worry aside and follow my guts feelings how to go about. Fortunately it direct me to the correct path.  Just look out for the McDonald's signage, walk straight and it will lead you to Nakona Broadway. 


You'll find a number of claw machines & Gachapon machines here. 
Tried my hand on one of the claw machine but no luck.



Walking through Nakano Broadway, took some photos to share on this blog....mostly toys.

Peco Chan pastry shop.




Peco Chan figurines at display.


Loads of mini figurines, mostly One Piece and other characters I'm not familiar.



Mandarake...Japan's number one chain of secondhand anime and manga stores.


My favourite blythe doll...loads of them.


More toys....some looks familiar some were not. 


More blythe dolls. 


McDonalds! Revive some of my childhood memories. 



This place was incredible. I spent hours going through every shops here and would have spent longer if it's not for few of the shops closed. It's well worth putting aside a good amount of time to explore this place properly, especially if you're looking for a particular item. 



I love figurines, anime and dolls so this place is perfect for me. I've not been to Akihabara so this is the next best thing. Many different kind of stuffs that you can find here. Best of all, it's conveniently located and right in front of Nakano Station.



No comments:

Post a Comment