Monday, January 26, 2015

A Trip To Flea Market @ Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya

I love exploring flea markets and I went on my first flea market way back in 2002 while in Sydney. My uncle took me on one of his trip there, and since then I was hooked! Wherever I take a trip to a foreign country, I will look it up on the internet to find if any flea market will be held on the date I travel.

In Malaysia there are only few places that cater for flea markets and the place that I often goes to is Amcomp Mall.  


I went last weekend and realised that I have not step into this mall for more than a year. Most of the shops still there as how I remembered them. 



Came across these beautiful cabinets. I would like to own one of these some day so that I have my very own retro space. The condition looks pretty good but they are quite pricey....ranging from RM1800 to RM2200. Free delivery included (depending where you stay). 


I have the same table and chair at home. I have checked that the table alone cost RM1500 and the chair is RM250 each. My parent said that you can find this in coffee shop back in their days. Sadly you don't see any of these anymore. 


This shop is pretty amazing, there're loads of interesting things to see here.


These Shell Petrol Pumps are pretty awesome. They look practically new once restored into their original condition. Can't help myself admiring them and it's pretty cool to own one of it. 


Loads of teacups, teapots and glasses in this display. 


I wondered whether these retro radio still works...or are they for display purpose only? They have the smaller version to a much bigger range, as shown in the following pic. 


I like how cups and sauce are put together and display them in a glass shelf.


Miniature liquor bottles and old bottles of soft drink.


It's interesting to look at the things that the vendor put up for sale.  
After all...One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure.


Honestly I'm really bad at haggling and often I pay for the price that the seller ask for. 
I seriously need practice on haggling. Emoji


Other than second hand goods, some vendors do sell brand new items. 


Another shop selling antique and collectibles goods. 


There're live plants available in huge variety of shapes and sizes. Chinese New Year is just around the corner so it will be great to get one to decorate for the holiday season.


Love the bright colours of the cactus.
 And I thought only plain looking cactus are available. 


While Amcorp Mall isn’t the trendiest place to shop in, it makes for an inexpensive outing for everyone. After all, there are tons of interesting things you can find here; such as gramophone records, old coins, retro furnitures, porcelains and so much more. If you're a fan of vintage and retro stuffs, this is one place you should check it out. It's open every Saturday and Sunday.


2 comments:

  1. wow, I'm interested to those cups & teapots, are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure but most of the time it can be a bit pricey if it's antique. Will check out the price if I go back :)

      Delete