Saturday, February 7, 2015

French Japanese FRANCO (Formerly Miam Miam) @ One Utama Shopping Centre

I have heard of 'Miam Miam' from my friend for some time cause she's been there for their dessert, a must try if I ever go there for a meal. After all my friend is an avid foodie so I guess it can't go wrong if its recommend by her. 



By the way, Miam Miam is officially rebranded to ‘FRANCO’. 


Anyway, a date was set to dine at Franco with my favourite gals but the restaurant was packed when we arrived (before 6pm). Emoji *We went on a Tuesday evening.


Fortunately we didn't wait long for a table. 
*Not a fan for waiting.


Checking out their menu. 
Varieties to choose from...took us a while to decide.  


Staff showing our order before confirming. 
*High-tech and fast way of taking down orders.


Spaghetti Yumeina (RM 26.80). My friend ordered this and I tried a mouthful of the spaghetti. Personally, I love it since I like everything that's topped with a poached egg. Emoji


Squid Ink Rice With Assorted Seafood & Omu Egg (RM28.80). Squid ink based rice topped with a omelette and seafood on the side (prawns & squids). The omelette was buttery and smooth, while the rice and seafood taste normal to me.



Pescatora (RM28.80). A tomato-based pasta with assorted seafood. Quite a generous amount of seafood in tomato cream base with spaghetti. Pretty good although not the best I have tasted (my opinion). 




Lobster Bisque Pasta (RM29.80)Topped with cheese and served with grilled tiger prawn. The prawn meat is infused into the broth, bringing out the sweet flavour of the broth. Yummilicious! Emoji *This dish contains traces of alcohol. 



Franco French Toast (RM16.80). Small squared french toasts served with whipped cream and maple syrup. So yummy...and yet so sinful!Emoji

I would suggest to share with 3 to 4 people cause the portion is pretty huge. Waiting time was half an hour. Best to order in advance if the restaurant is packed. 


A short clip of maple syrup pouring over the french toast (or whipped cream). 
*I'm drooling right now while watching this clip!Emoji


Overall our meal was pretty good. I would definitely return for their Lobster Bisque Pasta and other desserts in my next visit. Make sure to go on a non-peak-hour to avoid the long wait cause waiting time can be frustrating, especially on an empty stomach.



Franco 
Lot 146, G Floor (Old Wing)
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama Petaling Jaya
Contact: 03-77318923
Opening Hours: 10am - 10pm Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment