Monday, December 17, 2018

Bubble Tea at Chinatown Point: Ten Ren Tea vs Tiger Sugar

My friend told me that there was a new bubble tea store called 'Tiger Sugar' and recommended to try their Brown Sugar Milk Tea. The hotel where I was staying was near Chinatown Point at the time (pretty convenient for me to go about in Singapore)


And it turn out Tiger Sugar has one branch at Chinatown Point....talk about luck! 
However when I went over in the evening there was a long queue (no kidding)


I'm someone who don't have the patient to queue (especially if its more than half an hour) so I left. I had passed by Ten Ren Tea earlier and thought why not head over there instead.


So I did and got myself a black milk tea with pearls.


Glad that I came here. Nothing beats having a nice bubble tea drink to curb my sweet tooth after a long day.


The next morning I try my luck again. I came in the morning before lunch break and surprisingly there wasn't any crowds. 


Everybody seems to be queuing for these so why not? 


Paid for the drink and waited for a while until my number is called.


Lo and behold....the Brown Sugar Boba Milk drink! But first....let me take a picture of this so I can share it to my friends.


You have to shake the drink at least 15 times before consuming. I did just that....and the verdict.......SO SWEET! 😅 It was far too sweet for my liking. I shake few more times but it was still too sweet for me. I drank half of it and ended up throwing the rest away. 


My friend who had tried this drink loves it....although she did find it a bit too sweet. 
Wanted to try other drinks but one look at the queue I gave up (went back later of the day).


 I guess for now I will just stick to my usual bubble milk tea drink (with less sugar). 



No comments:

Post a Comment