Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Hotel Review (2019): Hotel G Singapore - Single Room

On a recent trip to Singapore I stayed at Hotel G for 5 nights. 
It's my second time staying here, the first was back in 2018. 


I wanted to stay in a familiar surrounding and my last stay here was pretty good so I decided to stay here again. The hotel is only a few minute's walk to Bencoolen MRT and there's a bus stop nearby. The only difference is that I stayed in a single room this round, as compared to 'Good Room Queen' previously.


In my opinion, the design of the single room is perfect for one person. 

The space in the room is sufficient, even for someone with a large suitcase.




Everything you need in the room....TV, complimentary wifi, electronic safe, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities. The only thing that is not available in the room is a fridge.



The snacks are not complimentary 😔 


Previously the room provided bottled water, now they provide 'boxed' water. I like that the hotel is doing something with the environment, and I really like the design of the boxed water. 


I enjoyed the rain shower with good pressure although the bathroom is small.



Toiletries are provided, such as toothbrush, body wash solution, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. The only downside there's no space in the bathroom to put them, so I usually retrieve them from the basin when needed. 



Breakfast provided during my stay when I booked the room from Expedia. 
The breakfast is good which is in a buffet style. 


The buffet breakfast is pretty much the same every morning. 
And in some morning the restaurant can be crowded. 


One thing I look forward to in the morning is the coffee machine. 


I always have 2 cups of latte if I have my breakfast here 😁 


A welcome drink voucher is given during your stay at G Hotel.


This round I was able to utilize the voucher. Only selected drinks can be redeemed. 


 I was eligible to SGD18 food & beverage credit when I booked the room via Expedia


I ended up using the credit for their lunch set at the restaurant (same place where you have your buffet breakfast). 



Ordered their Butter Poached chicken breast. 
Taste good when it's on the house 😁


Overall I had a wonderful stay here, it's quiet and it's convenient. The only downside & inconvenient during my stay here is when it rains. It was raining heavily when I checked out of the hotel on the last day. I couldn't walk to the MRT station without getting myself and the luggage wet (although I have an umbrella at the time)


There’s no taxi pick up area on the ground floor because of where the hotel is situated so pick up and drop off is a little tricky. Eventually, I took a grab from the hotel to the airport. Just remember to put a note to the driver that the pick up is in the hotel lobby drop off on the first floor. The grab driver mistook to pick up at the side road while I waited on the first floor. For more information on this hotel, do check out this link for more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment