Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Hotel Review: Hotel G @ Singapore

During my recent trip to Singapore, I stayed in Hotel G as I wanted to stay close to MRT stationThe hotel is only less than 5 minutes walk from Bencoolen MRT (really convenient to travel around in Singapore)


To get to the hotel's reception, one have to pass through a restaurant & bar. But if you come in the afternoon, the place can be pretty quiet (except for lunch or dinner time).


 When I first arrived I have to climb the staircase....


...so that I can take the lift up to their reception at level 2. 


I came to realised later there's a lift on the right side of the restaurant. 
I only used it on the last day when I check out the room 😅


Took the lift to level 2 and had myself check in. 


Other than level 1 to 4, I assumed that the rest of the floors are the hotel rooms.
Turn out that my room is on the 5th floor (was hoping for a higher floor)



A voucher was given to redeem 1 free drink at the restaurant. 
Unfortunately I didn't get to utilise the voucher during my stay. 


The hallway to my room for the next 4 nights.



Booked a 'Good Room Queen' since the single room was not available. For this trip I have the queen size bed all to myself (although I paid a bit more). The bed is really comfortable and I had a good night sleep here.



Another view from the bed.


I love the feather ceiling light above the bed. I wondered if the design is suppose to be somewhat similar to a dream catcher.


The room is pretty spacious for 1 but for 2 it may be a bit of squeeze if you have more than 1 large suitcase. But other than that, the room have everything that I need during my stay. 


If you have any valuables you can keep it in a safe which is under the bed



The basin is located in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom.



At the bottom of the basin there's a bag of slippers and hair dryer.


There's a price tag on the bag if the guest decide to take these back home (in short its not free)




The room includes a working desk ...with pretty much everything you need. 


A Handy X Phone for free local calls and data roaming.



Coffee & Tea sachet if you need coffee or tea during your stay. 


Free 2 bottles of water which is replenished daily. 


Bathroom is a standing shower. Basic bathroom amenities are provided such as shampoo, conditioner & body soap bar (replenished daily if cleaner find it used).



If you need water or ice, there's a free flow of water and ice facility on every floor. 


Pre-book your breakfast to enjoy 15% off if you would like to have your breakfast in the hotel. 


Didn't check out the gym during my stay. However there're 2 restaurants & bars at the hotel: Ginett Restaurant & Wine Bar, and 25 Degrees. In addition to that, there're loads of restaurants and cafes nearby so you don't have to worry about food. 


Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Hotel G. It fits all my needs and although its a bit pricey but for the location is quite worth it. Will come back again if there is a chance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment