Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Flying Silk Air from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur: Flight MI 340 - A320 Economy Class

When I booked my flight to Singapore (via Singapore Airlines) my flight back to Kuala Lumpur was via Silk Air.  


Three days before my flight I received an email informing me that my flight has been rescheduled to depart at 5.55pm (original time was 4.10pm). I accepted the change and thought I can spend a little more time in Singapore.


On the day that I was due to leave, I received another email informing that the flight has been rescheduled...pushing it to 6.30pm 😐



There wasn't much I can do since I was already at the airport when I read the email. 



I went and print out my own boarding pass and luggage tag from the check-in machine.


I wasn't familiar how to check in the luggage but thankfully there's a staff to assist me. 


Remember to retained a copy of your luggage check in receipt before leaving.


With some time to spare I thought I'll head inside to check out Changi Airport entertainment deck and garden. Although I've been to the airport countless of time but there were few places I've never been to.  


Never thought I'll get to see Sunflower in the airport.


Enclosed is a short video clip around Changi Airport Terminal 2, which includes sunflower garden, orchid garden, and the entertainment deck. 


At last it was time to head off to the gate. 


I thought we'll be able to leave on time.


Sadly the plane only arrived slightly after 6.15pm. 
So in short the flight was delayed....again 😭 


By the time we board and the plane took off I think it was around 7.30pm. 


On the flight we were given wet towel to freshen up, and a choice of coffee, tea or juice. 


First time taking Silk Air and also the first that the flight was rescheduled twice (and further delayed).  The pilot explained that the delayed was due to issues at China airport. Fortunately the journey was short and we arrived slightly after 8pm.


I guess the delay can't be help and I managed to explored Changi Airport when the flight was rescheduled. The experience wasn't that bad for me but for other passenger I'm not too sure. Would I take Silk Air again? I guess I'll have to wait and see. To end this post I'll leave a video that I took on board Silk Air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment