Monday, February 4, 2019

Chinese Reunion Dinner with the Family :)


It's that time of the year when we have our Chinese reunion dinner on the eve. 
Time flies by so fast this year and it's already February....and CNY!!!


Like every other year, we have our reunion dinner at my cousin's place. We usually have pot luck so this year mum bought roast pork. Here we're cutting up these crispy roast pork at home before taking it over.  


The finished product when we took it over to my cousin's place. 


My cousin in law cooked 'char siew' and bought it over as well. 
Great combination with 'Siew Yoke' & 'Char Siew'. Yum!


My cousin cooked a healthy option...brocolli with prawns and abalone.... 


...as well chicken with mushroom & sea cucumber. 


And we have mixed vegetable soup (healthy right?!?).



And not forgetting we need 'yue sang' before the start of our meal. 
This round no salmon since it was my aunty who bought this over.


Random juice and drink :)


Oh....my niece & I received angpow. Feel shy when I get them although I'm way passed my age. LOL. Even my aunty who gave me angpow told me that this will be the last year (in short she wants me to get married before the next CNY 😅)


Knowing that this CNY I will most probably be pigging out....I even bought this pack of detox tea from the supermarket.....if I gained few pounds this round. Yikes! Oh well, like my friends said, eat first worry later. Hahaha. Happy Chinese New Year!!!! 😚




No comments:

Post a Comment