Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Benefits Of Coconut Oil

I've heard and read that there's benefit of consuming coconut oil. However, I was reluctant to try them because the thought of drinking 'oil' means extra 'fat' and 'oil' to my body. I mean when you think about it, the one thing you need is to add more oil (or fats) to your body. 


My good friend gave me a bottle of coconut oil to try. She was telling me how consuming coconut oil had helped her and her family. Since it was a gift from my friend I guess there's no harm trying. The main reason  I decided to give it a try cause it's suppose to help with weight loss. *Yup, I'm in the midst of dieting although most time I gave in to temptation*


Below is the list of benefits of coconut oil which I found on the net. 
*Credit belongs to the rightful owner*


Anyway, my friend advised me to consume one spoonful a day; preferable in the morning on an empty stomach. 


I was expecting the worst when I took it the first time...but surprisingly it wasn't that bad sine I found the flavour and the texture were pretty mild. 


I applied coconut oil on my hair as well. Apparently coconut oil helps to reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. I'm only in my early 30's but am already experiencing hair loss. I can't imagine being bald when I'm in my 40's >.< 

So far I've only used it once a week on my scalp and leave it on at least few hours before washing (massage the scalp for 5 minutes and leave it on at least 2 hours or more). My hair tend to be frizzy after washing but after applying it my hair turn out smoother. However it only last for a day before it become frizzy again after my next wash. 


So far I've only been consuming it for less than a month so I can't say there's any significant changes. I've only applied 3 times on my scalp and I can't say there's any improvement...yet. However I did see some improvement on my complexion and I have less breakout on my face. I'm prone of breakout when it's that time of the month and so far I've not seen much of it since consuming. 

Will I continue after finishing this bottle? The answer is yes. After reading all the benefits of coconut oil, I will continue consuming for the next few months. Will post another update in my later post. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment