Wednesday, November 13, 2019

November 2019: Second and Third Day In Singapore

Day 2 in Singapore started early for me when I woke up at 6 in the morning. I always have trouble sleeping in a new environment for the first 2 days...and the soundproof of the room didn't help either as I can practically hear the door slam shut when my next-door neighbor closed the door. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and took a bath before heading out to get my breakfast from Chinatown Point Mall. Talk about convenient. 


There are several options to have my breakfast... 


...but I always end up getting a hot sandwich set from BreadTalk (only available on weekdays till 10am). 


Take away and have my breakfast in the room. 


It's simple but it's filling and delicious πŸ˜‹


Once I'm done I head out to Bugis Junction. While I was there, there were LINE friends and Brown statue themed at the mall....which I assumed it's for the Christmas decoration. I didn't take a lot of pictures since I was here for other matters which was related to my work.


In no time it was lunchtime. I took the train and head over to Sim Lim Square Mall. 
For those who love gadgets and electronic stuff, you can come here to check out this place. 


There're tons of stores selling electrical stuff and gadgets....but I came here for the food. 


I had salted egg chicken rice for lunch. Sinful but so good!!! Cost SGD5.50 for this bowl (it's SGD5 if you come between 12 to 2pm during weekdays).


After lunch, I continued my work for a while before heading back to the hotel to rest. I didn't feel too well during lunch and decided to take it easy. It was kinda bummer because I had several plans but had to cut it short πŸ˜”

In the evening I had early dinner at Chinatown. I went to Sawasdee Thai Restaurant and ordered stir-fry minced chicken with basil, topped with steamed rice and sunny side up egg. Delicious! πŸ˜‹


Loads of souvenirs to buy at Chinatown if you're looking to get something for your friends or family. 


I walked for a short while in Chinatown before heading back to the hotel to rest. I called it a day for my second day in Singapore.


The next day I took a bus and head over to Orchard. 


Taking the bus will take me straight to Orchard. Walk around Takashimaya and shops but didn't get anything. Nowadays I rarely buy things for myself but I still like to walk around and look at stuff, as well as checking out if there's any Christmas decoration. 


I went over to Isetan Supermarket to get something for my mum. 
Tons of Japanese goodies here but didn't get anything for myself. 


Got these crackers for my mum. 


Next stop I head to Velocity Mall (Novena Square). 
I took the train from Orchard to Novena MRT station. 


Came here to get a bus ticket back to Malaysia. I'll be cutting short my trip because I wasn't feeling too good 😒 I decided not to fly back and I'll be taking the First Coach back instead.


I didn't feel like shopping and proceed to have my lunch at Sō Ramen. 


After lunch, I took the bus and head back to the hotel to rest before meeting up my friend later for dinner. 


Meeting up my friend at Vivocity after work. One thing good about staying in Chinatown is that it's only 2 stops from Chinatown to HarbourFront. 


We eventually met up at So Pho for some Vietnamese food. 


For dessert, we have drinks and a cake at ARTEA. ARTEA is well known for its Tiramisu cake so we came here to try it out. I will write a separate post about this place later. With that, that wraps up my third day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment