Saturday, November 16, 2019

Bliss Hotel Singapore Review

Sharing my review during my stay at Bliss Hotel Singapore. This is actually my 2nd stay here. The first time I stayed here was last year back in December 2018. 


If you're coming from Changi Airport, take the train to Chinatown station and get out at Exit E. 


The first time when I was here it was raining heavily and I have to wait until the rain subsides before crossing the road. Fortunately the second round I didn't have this problem.


Once you're out from Exit E you'll be able to see the hotel on your right side. 


Check-in at the reception is pretty breeze. I got my key card once they verified my booking and my passport. I also need to make a deposit of SGD50 during my stay (they'll refund back once you check out).


I rarely use the wifi in the hotel since I was using the data from the Simcard I got from Klook
I find the speed of the wifi here is quite slow, but after midnight it will be back to normal. 


I stayed in a single room. At one glance you pretty much see everything. 



And the bathroom....you can see the whole bathroom though a see-through glass. It's fine if you're staying on your own. The picture I took for below I stayed in room 4022 back in December 2018.


Some may not like it when staring at the toilet while on the bed. 
For me, it was fine because it didn't really bother me. 


My recent stay in November 2019 I stayed in room 2022. Noted that the glass is tinted so you can't really see-through, which I felt its much better than the one above. 


Everything I need is pretty much available in the room.


Free bottle of water as well as coffee and tea sachet. 
It's replenished daily if you use it.


The large bottle of water and cup noodles are not free. But if in the event you're hungry you can consume it as each item cost SGD2. But then again, there are two convenience stores (7-11 and Cheers) nearby so you don't have to worry about being hungry in the middle of the night. 


In terms of space, I find the room cozy and spacious to walkabout. 


I can even put my large suitcase in one corner. I usually leave my suitcase as shown in the picture below. No problem opening and closing my suitcase here.


Noted that the power plugs are under the table, which I find difficult to access at times. Fortunately, there's a power plug where the mini-fridge is and I end up charging there instead. 


When I first checked into the hotel for both times, they only provide toothbrush and shower caps. It was only the 2nd or third day only they provide bath gel and shampoo. But if you need it you can always call the reception to bring some to your room. I didn't use any of their amenities since I bought my own during my stay. 


What I like about staying here is that it's easily accessible to MRT station, bus, and food. Chinatown Point mall is just across the street and has a grocery store, restaurants, and shopping.  I often head there to grab my breakfast or dinner. 


My least favorite in the room is that the bed a bit too soft. I guess it really depends on an individual because I have backache since I'm used to sleeping on a firm bed. And the floor under the shower is slippery. I almost slipped twice, so one has to be careful while showering. And another problem is the lack of soundproof of the room, where you can practically hear everything outside. Woken few times from neighbors who closed the doors, walking outside the hallway, as well baby crying in the middle of the night πŸ˜… 


In general, the location of this hotel is really convenient for my needs as it was easy getting around the city and back to the hotel. 


I'll end the post with a video of the hotel room walkthrough below.

No comments:

Post a Comment