Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Solo Travel In Tokyo Day 2 - Asakusa & Tokyo SkyTree

An overdue post of my solo trip to Tokyo (March 2015)


By day two I was pretty sleepy due to lack of sleep. The whole night I can hear my next door neighbour or guest walking along the hallway. Additional to that it was a new environment so it took a while for me to fall asleep. I managed to sleep for an hour before I checked out hotel by 10am.  


Bought a sandwich at the convenience store for breakfast. 
Didn't fancy the meat although the egg was pretty good. 


After breakfast I went to look for Keikyu Railways.


Don't worry about getting lost cause there're proper signboard to go about. 


The signboard is easy to locate if you stayed at First Cabin for a night. 


I followed the direction from google map (mobile) and took the train to Asakusa Station. I booked a hotel room at Asakusa due to cheaper rate and the train ride took 45 minutes to the station (didn't need to transfer so it was a plus point).  


Once arrived at Asakua Station I went looking for a familiar signage. I wasn't worried since I have my google map and portable wifi with me. Fortunately there was a signboard with the hotel name where I'll be staying. 


The weather was pretty cooling so I took my time to walk to the hotel. Since it was still early to check into the room, I left my luggage at the hotel and went to explore nearby. Just around the corner is the back entrance to Sensoji Temple....pretty convenient right? 


It's not even noon but the place was already crowded with tourist. 
I mean seriously packed! 


And oh my....there were loads of shops. 
You can practically spend hours checking out all the small shops here.


So many things to see and loads of souvenir to buy.


I knew that I will be walking this path for the next few days and decided to make a move to my next destination. With the help of Google Map and portable wifi, my next stop is to Tokyo Skytree. 


Snap a picture of this bus while walking towards the station. The bus look so cute.
(Yup...I find everything fascinating while in Japan


The Tobu Skytree Line Station was walking distance from Sensoji Temple. 


Honestly, from the look outside one would thought it's another building or a mall (which by the way it's a mall and a train station).  I followed the crowds and look out for signage to board the train. I was using Suica Card so I don't have to worry about buying tickets from the machine. 


Its was only one stop away from Asakusa Station. 


Before my visits to SkyTree, I thought SkyTree is just an observation tower so I was pretty excited to know there's a shopping mall as well. 


Honestly I was walking around to pass the time. I was quite tired due to lack of sleep. However, there are shops that was worth stoping by to check it out, such as this bread shop that was selling a Tokyo SkyTree loaf! Would have bought it if I have someone to share it with. 


Then there's this cute Hello kitty shops.
Super kawaii!!!


All the pink bottles on display....in time for cherry blossom!


After walking a while I decided to stopped by at this restaurant and have my lunch here. 


English Menu is available in this restaurant. 


I ordered their Sashimi Meal. Absolutely love the various dishes on this set. Everything taste so good...even their miso soup too!



After a fulfilling meal, I went my way to look for Skytree. While walking around I came across this shop called Be@rbrick. Kawaii!!!! So many designs...but then one look at the price for their jumbo size I was like OMG! But it was nice to look at them. They were kinder cute but it was out of my budget. 


It was a beautiful sunny day and I'm sure the views of Tokyo would be amazing from the observation decks. 


However....one look at the price I was like...er...its okay. 


I knew I will come again so it was better to come back another time with a friend. 


It would be nice to go up to the observation deck with a companion. 


On my way to the train station I saw this signboard.   



Turned out there's an aquarium here. 


Entrance fee is the same as SkyTree. 
Cute cute baby near the signboard.....kawaii!!!


I went to check out their shop instead. 


 Loads of plush toy...so cute!


Have no idea what kind of animal is these but they're quite cute to look at.


You can get a coin or key chain as sounivier. 


Next....following the signboard to the train station. 


Decided to head down to Akihabara to check out some stores. 


However after few minutes of walking I didn't have the energy to walk anymore. 
I ended up taking few photos of these and head back to the hotel.





Bought these at one of the convenience store on my way back to the hotel (for my breakfast the next morning). 


Super happy when I finally checked-in to the room. 
I was beat tired from all the walking. 


Bought my 'dinner' from 7-Eleven nearby and decided to called it a day for me. 


Total Spending on Day 2: 
Sandwich for Breakfast: 258 Yen
Lunch Set at Sky Tree: 1782 Yen
Sandwich & Coffee: 506 Yen
Top Up Suica Card: 1000 Yen (Card was from previous trip)
Dinner & Snacks from 7 Eleven: 960 yen (Dinner@ Onikiri with egg & nuggets; and Mint candy)



My overall total spending on Day 2 came up to 4506 Yen, which is equivalent to RM143 (exchange rate was 3.17 for 100 yen at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment