Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hattifnatt Cafe At Koenji (Tokyo)

I came to know Hattifnatt Cafe while surfing the net and decided to check out this cafe while in Tokyo. With the help of Google Map, I was able to find this this cafe which was located within walking distance from Koenji train station.


I went on a weekday thinking that it will be less crowded but the cafe was packed when I arrived around 4pm. The staff suggested that I come back in 15 to 20 minutes (No worry if you can't speak Japanese, there's a staff who can speak English). I took a stroll nearby after leaving my name on their waiting list. 

When I came back 20 minutes later the seat was ready for me. Walking up the staircase can be quite a challenge for me as I was carrying a backpack with 2 shopping bags...and not forgetting I was wearing a thick coat too. >.<


Below is a picture of the kitchen on the ground floor.
*Picture credit to Hattifnatt*



I was given a seat next to the window and it was really cozy. 
I like the fact that I was seated at the corner since I was on my own. 


From where I was seated, there's a ladder leading to another floor above me. I've no idea what it looks like but it I guess they design it that way so that the guest feels like that they're on top of a tree house. 


I would love to take more picture of this cafe but the place was pack with customer so I've included two pictures below from their website. *Picture credit to Hattifnatt*


English menu is available at Hattifnatt cafe. 
Just let the staff know and they'll bring over an english menu for you. 


I was quite tempted to order pizza and dessert from the menu but decided not to cause I was afraid I can't finish it. 


I ended up ordering one drink from the picture menu (as shown below). 
Since it was in Japanese I have no idea what I was ordering.  


The staff came back with a glass of water.
Love the cute wooden spoon.


I absolutely love the cute deco that they put into this drink. After taking a sip of this, I was pleasantly surprised that there's a hint of liquor added to it. I'm not really into drinks with liquor but the taste was acceptable. It was a cold day that day and this drink helps to warm me up :)


I would love to stay a bit longer but ended up leaving once I finished my drink. 
Have to be careful when taking the stair down cause the steps are quite narrow. 


Take the wooden spoon down and pay at the counter. 
I'm not sure if they accept credit card but make sure to carry smaller notes. 


I'll defiantly come back again for another visit if I ever visit Tokyo. 


1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog through Google search. And I must thank you for your post. My school starts April 2nd, 2018. And as a huge Cafe fan, I wanted to find the best ones in Tokyo. This one seems like a perfect Cafe for me. Very relaxing with am antique touch to it. And the set is like a fairy tale movie. Thank you again =)

    ReplyDelete