Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tokyo Travel Blog @ Day 1 - My First Solo Trip To Tokyo (March 2015)


I'm sure everyone has doubts about traveling on their own, especially to a foreign country. I often travel with my parents or friends but this round I'm on my own. Initially this trip I'm supposed to travel with a friend....BUT at the very last minute my friend back out (=.=)"


Angry and disappointed with my friend, it didn't take long to make up my mind to travel on my own. Since I've been to Tokyo so I have a rough idea of how to go about. Moreover, my last trip to Tokyo I was not able to do much of sightseeing so this trip I will be making up for it. 

When the day finally arrived, I was dropped off at KL Sentral and took the express train to KLIA2. It's a comfortable 35 to 40 minutes ride to the airport.



Once arrived at the airport, I searched for the counter on the departure board to have my luggage check-in. 


A lot of things were on my mind when I stood in front of the International Departures Hall, asking myself repeatedly if this is a good idea to venture out on my own...especially to a foreign country where there'll surely be a language barrier. Eventually, I told myself it was now or never and walked through the gates. 

Have my lunch at the food court and ordered a plate of BBQ chicken noodle. 
The noodle was edible...but wished I have ordered a burger instead. 


Have a cup of latte at McCafe to pass the time before boarding. 




In no time it was time to board the plane. Upgraded my seat to 'Hot Seat' for a comfortable 7 hours journey. I don't know bout you guys but I find the chair a bit smaller than before?Nevertheless, it was worth upgrading cos I get to stretch my leg the whole journey. 






Booked the comfort kit online. 
It was quite cold and the blanket helps to keep my body warm.





Got myself a hot coffee on flight. Unfortunately the cheaper one is all sold out so ended buying the premium coffee which cost RM9. Honestly, can't taste the difference if its normal or premium coffee. 


There're 2 slots for your meals to be served. Since I have my lunch I requested to have my meal served on the second slot. And once it did, I was famish! Booked in advance for Nasi Lemak. I have to say Nasi Lemak is still the best as compared to others. *I personally didn't like the chicken rice, the rice is super oily >.<


Traveling via AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur to Haneda airport arrives very late at night. By the time I walk out of the airport it was close to 11pm. Initially I booked to stay at Hotel MyStays Haneda. 



On second thought, I decided to stay at First Cabin, which is located right in the airport at Terminal 1. It was slightly cheaper than the hotel I originally booked. I thought of sleeping on the chair in the airport (only in International Airport as the local terminal are closed to the public after certain hours) but I was afraid that someone might steal my luggage so I ended up booking a room instead.


First Cabin is like a 5 star capsule hotel. Everything I need to stay a night comfortably. You can read my review here


Bought these earlier at the Haneda International Airport. There're vending machines for food and drink at First Cabin but I wasn't sure so I bought these just to be on the safe side. By the way, you should defiantly get their sandwich at the convenience store, it's delicious!


And that wraps up my first night in Tokyo. I included my expenses below so I have a rough idea of how much I spent on this trip. That way I will know how much I need if I ever return to Tokyo. 


My Total Spending on Day 1:
KL Central to KLIA2: RM35
Food & Drink in KLIA: RM20.15
Drink on Fright: RM9
Sandwich & Drinks: 525 Yen
First Cabin 1 Night: 6000Yen 



Read the rest of the Japan Trip: 


1 comment:

  1. From its internet based parking system, Park 'N Fly offers real-time access to a network of off-airport parking spots covering 50+ markets.

    ReplyDelete