Thursday, May 14, 2015

Coffee & Cake at 'Rekindle' @ Damansara Uptown

After brunch with my friend, we head off to find a cafe for a drink. The weather was quite humid and we wanted to go some place which was nearby so we ended up going to Rekindle.


Rekindle is located at the same row as Epicuro. I've passed by this cafe numerous times whenever I go to Epicuro for brunch.

The cafe was quite cooling as soon as we walked in, as compared to the hot and humid weather outside.  Find the place quite cozy with red bricks on the wall. 


Quite a number of selection of cakes at Rekindle. My friend and I have a hard time deciding which to choose since we only wanted one slice to share (we were still full from our heavy brunch earlier). 


After our order, we head over to our table and waited for our drinks and cake to be served. And yes, there's free wifi in this cafe. 


I usually order hot drinks when it comes to coffee but due to the extreme hot weather outside, my friend and I ordered the same drink; Ice-Blended Mocha. The verdict? I find the taste a bit too strong for my liking. Too chocolaty and really sweet. 


We ordered a slice of Vanilla Mille Crepe to share. Now I have tried few crepe before and I usually like my cake to be sweet (but not too sweet). However this cake is not even sweet at all...and I find the taste quite unusual. Doesn't taste anything vanilla, instead it taste similar to soybean. I guess this may perhaps a healthy choice for those who prefer cakes that are less sweeter? 


The total of our bill came up to RM44.40. Overall the environment here is nice and comfortable. It was a nice place to chill out with my friend. However, I was a bit disappointed with the drink and cake though. Perhaps I should give it another try since I have yet to try out their other selection of drinks and cakes.  Any suggestion?




No comments:

Post a Comment