Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sweet Treat at nydc @ Wheelock Place (Singapore)

On Labour Day, my bestie wanted to take me to a new place for high tea as the food there was good. However, since it was a public holiday, most places we went was packed. And I mean literally packed or full house in most restaurants and cafe. Not a fan of queuing up or waiting ages to be seated, we decided to hunt for a new place to dine. I suggested to go Wheelock Place as most time I find the place there to be less crowded. Finally, we decided to dine at nydc (New York Dessert Cafe) since both of us were hungry. 


The place was less crowded and quiet so it was a good place for my bestie & I to catch up. The ambience here is comfy and I enjoyed the peace and quiet atmosphere here. #Not a fan of crowded place


There was a promotion of Mom & Dad's Cook Out. We decided to order a set of Mom's Poppin' Pork Belly Pasta Set (SGD$22.80) to share. We decided to share rather than order 2 sets since it was close to 3pm after placing the order. #Saving our tummy for dinner later :p


Ordered a pot of 'Passion' Tea to share.
A hot tea drink to quench our thirst. ^^


'New York Salad' 
A combination of healthy and sinful salad. My bestie & I love this. The onion rings goes well with the salad. I don't mind having a second round for this. 



'Pork Belly Pasta'
Oh my....look at the layer of fats. My absolute favourite! I know it's bad but they're absolutely delicious. However, not everyone may like this dish cause it's quite salty. 


The set comes with a dessert...ice-cream with the choice of chocolate and strawberry. We ordered another dessert - Fire and Ice (SGD$10.80). And ta-da...this is what we get! 


Molten chocolate lava oozes from the chocolate cake once the cake was sliced. The cake was served hot so when you place both the cake and the ice cream together into your mouth...you can taste both the sweetness of 'hot' & 'cold' combination. Oh-la-la...super delicious....and so so so sinful. Recommend to share with your bestie cause you can get 'jelak' if you have too much of it. 


A big thanks to my bestie for the sweet treat. :)

nydc 
501 Orchard Rd
#02-19 Wheelock Place
Singapore
Tel: 6736 3253



No comments:

Post a Comment