Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant @ Tropicana City Mall

Last weekend my parent and I decided to try out Rakuzen at Tropicana Mall. I've noticed that whenever I go to Tropicana Mall, there'll be people queuing to dine in this restaurant. 



Hoping to beat the crowds, we arrived early (before 7p.m). To my surprise the place was crowded. Seats were available outdoors but wanting to dine indoor, we left our contacts with them so that they can contact us when seats become available. 


We were practically just standing at the entrance and was on a look out for empty seats. Fortunately it wasn't peak hour yet so we were seated after waiting for 10 minutes. 



Dad ordered 'Teppanyaki Zen'. Basically it's diced-cut beef steak set. 
Dad enjoyed this set a lot as the meat was tender and juicy. 


I tried the garlic rice that comes with the set. 
It's really good. I wondered if I can ever fried as good as this. 



Mum ordered Claypot Udon & Califonia Roll Set. 
She enjoyed this set since mum loves anything that is soupy. 



Whenever I go to a Japanese restaurant I must order a soft shell crab hand roll. The reason is that my family do not order anything with crab for dinner....even when we go seafood restaurant >.< This made up for it in a way.  



Finally, Sashimi & Grilled Chicken Set for myself. This set took a while to be served since my dad had finished his meal before my set arrived. But it's worth waiting cos the chicken is grilled to perfection. The skin is crispy and the meat is tender. Yummy!


Overall the dining experience at Rakuzen have been good and the ambience here is comfortable and cozy. It can be a bit pricey, as compared to Pasta Zanmai and Sushi Tei in the same mall. 

Rakuzen
G-41/42 Ground Floor
Tropicana City Mall
3, Jalan SS20/27
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7710 7000

1 comment:

  1. Dear Faith, thank you for dining with us and thank you very much for featuring us on your blog! We hope you do not mind that we share your blog post on our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/superdining. Once again, thank you for your support and we hope to serve you again soon!

    ReplyDelete