Monday, May 5, 2014

L.Table by Lavender Bakery @ 1 Utama Shopping Centre

Few years back while I was assigned working in JB, my colleague took me to Lavender Bistro for a meal. I love the food and the bakery back then and I would take a trip there for breakfast when I'm in JB. Few years later Lavender Bakery made their way to One Utama (Horray for me). My mum often drops by at Lavender for their buns...but never at their restaurant. 


So one fine day, I suggested to my buddy to try out the restaurant. And I'm glad that we did. For those who do not know, L.Table is actually hidden inside Lavender Bakery. 


I absolutely love the design and deco here. You'll feel contemporary and cosy feeling when you walked inside to the restaurant. And best of all, we came after 2pm and the place was quiet..a plus point for my buddy and I to chat. 

Looking over their menu, there're various choices to choose from and I've a hard time deciding cause everything on the menu looks good.  


For starters, we have 'Fritto Misto' (RM15). An assortment of lightly-battered seafood (shishamo, calamari, prawns) and fried onion rings. I love anything that is fried....and these are great! Well fried and not too oily. Love the presentation of this dish too. 


Next came 'Caesar Salad with Chicken' (RM18). An additional RM3 with chicken. The salad is fresh...but nothing to shout about. 


'Chilli Tuna Putanessca' (RM16). Spicy tuna and black olives with linguine. My buddy ordered this and surprising this is really good. I would have not order this if I've never try it cause I usually go for something 'safe'. Spicy tuna and the combination of the sauce goes well with it. It's quite spicy but it's really good. Defiantly going to order this in my next visit cause taking a bite (for tasting) was not enough.


'The Original' (RM28). Not sure why this dish is called the original but basically the patty it's made from crabmeat with spicy aioli. After taking a bite of the burger, it took me a few seconds to digest what I have in my mouth cause I find the taste weird. The patty is not fried and the texture is soft and mushy. Anyway, crab meat as patty with bun are defiantly a weird combination for me. Would not recommend this dish to anyone. This dish was actually recommended by the waiter since I asked the waiter for recommendation. Anyway, I have to dip the patty with chilli sauce (loads of it) and fries to finish this dish (I don't like to waste food). 


My buddy and I plan to return for high tea and a reunion with the gals. The food is really good...except for the burger. They have other choices to choose from and they look nice, with a mixture of asian and western cuisines. 

Below are deserts from Lavender Bakery. Took a picture of these cause they look so tempting and delicious. Will buy these in my next visits. ^^


L-Table @ Lavender Bakery
G-213 Ground Floor
1-Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7728-6933 

Hours: 10am - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment