Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dubu Dubu Seoul Food Restaurant @ One Utama Shopping Centre

One day while meeting up with my buddy, I suggested to try out Korean food at Dubu Dubu Seoul Food.


The reason why I suggested to come here for lunch was because I got a free meal voucher from Watsons. And I thought it was a good idea to try out new place with my buddy. Thankfully my buddy was up to it for some Korean cuisine for a change. :)


Even the food on the display counter looks appealing to us...and their serving size looks huge!


The place is quite cosy to hang out with friends for meals. 
You can listen and watch K-Pop videos showing on their TV screen while dining. 
Great for Kpop fan. 


Checking our their promo. If you come on Tuesday you get to buy 1 free 1 for ladies. 
Too bad we came on Wednesday for lunch. 


Pricing for their lunch sets are reasonable...which available on weekdays from 10am to 3pm. 


On a hot sunny day I have an Aloe Vera Punch
I'm glad that I ordered this cause it was so refreshing...and tasty. 


Ordered 'Spicy Toppokki' (Rice Cake).
I like the eggs and the sauce....but not a fan of toppokki since I find it too chewy for my liking cause I have to chew hard before swallowing. However, my friend happily finished this dish cause it's her favourite. 


Seafood Soondubu Jigae Set. Free set from the voucher. My buddy enjoyed this set...although a bit spicy but the broth goes well with the rice. I did not try it and hence I can't comment whether it was good. 

And yes, they serve a generous serving in a set. And I love the rice that comes with it. The picture looks brown but in reality they're purple brown rice. My friend seems to be fascinated with the rice since purple is her favourite colour. LOL!


I ordered a set of Honey Garlic Bulgogi Chicken with Rice. However, my order never arrive cause the waiter who took our order thought I have cancelled this dish. =.= Nevertheless, after having it resolved, it took less than 10 minutes to be served.

Anyway, what did I think of the set I ordered? Erm....to be honest, I find the chicken to be a bit soggy and it's not as tasty as I thought. The soup that came with the set was diluted and tasteless. I was eating more of the side dishes, the sweet onions and the eggs that comes with the chicken. 


The overall total with 1 free meal set. My overall experience is somewhat disappointing due to the set that I've ordered. However, it doesn't put me off to come back again to try out other set. 




Dubu Dubu Seoul Food
S345, Second Floor,
One Utama Shopping Centre,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, 47800
Petaling Jaya, Bandar Utama.

No comments:

Post a Comment