Friday, May 20, 2016

A Trip To Snoopy Museum Tokyo [May 2016]

On my recent trip to Tokyo, my friend and I took a trip down to Snoopy Museum Tokyo. My friend is a big fan of Snoopy...and I have to admit I've started to like Snoopy too....no thanks to my friend who influence me into liking the character (lol, hope she's not reading this blog).  



Before our trip to Japan, I've make a reservation for our tickets via email. The museum opened to the public not long ago and I was checking for details how to purchase the tickets via their official website. For visitors outside of Japan it can booked via email. However when I checked back their website (while writing this blog) they have since updated a post regarding purchase of tickets outside of Japan. Anyway, I received a confirmation letter from them but at a later time slot since we were there on a golden week (long holiday in Japan).


On the day our visits to the museum, I expected (and assumed) that the crowds will be lesser since we were going in at a later time slot. Unfortunately, it wasn't. There was a long line of visitors....and the photos I took below showed that we were lining outside....with long lines of people queuing inside (yikes!). 


And yes, the tickets for the day were sold out. 

(I assume this happen if its public holiday, school holiday or weekends).



Some snap shots of snoopy's figurine and books on display while queuing.


Entrance fee cost ¥2,000 per person ( ¥1,800 if purchase in advance). After getting your ticket verified, you'll enter a small waiting area with a TV screen on one side....


....another side with Charlie and Snoopy on one wall. 


Look closely it's strips of snoopy comics. Pretty cool I must say. 


On the other side of the wall it showcase pictures of Charles M. Schulz. 


Queuing to enter another room.
Wasn't sure what to expect while waiting. 


We enter inside a dark room and were shown a video of several people talking about their favourite Snoopy character. The video only last for few minutes [pictures/video are not allowed here but managed to take a picture of this].


After the video we enter another room where original drawings and comic strips are display behind a glass case [pictures are not allow at this section]. 



On the other side of the room, it's stuffed with original and copies of Snoopy cartoons from the earliest to the newest, as well assorted memorabilia.






Walking out to another room you'll find yourself at Brown's store. 
There're variety of exclusive Peanuts and Snoopy products here.



Some of the products were overly priced....including these edible Snoopy cookies/marshmallow that I was considering getting it. 


In the end I bought a magnet as a souvenir for myself. 



There's a Cafe Blanket in the premise if you would like to have your meals in Snoopy theme. We didn't check out the cafe after seeing a long queue.



Tried taking pictures at night but the quality wasn't as good compared taking it in the daylight. 


Regretted not bringing my camera for this visit.  
All pictures were taken using iPhone 6. 



My overall review? Well...have a mixed feelings after my visits to the museum....partly I have higher expectation for this visit. 




I guess overall we were a bit disappointed since we expected much more for our visits to Snoopy Museum. The entrance fees were overprice for a small area when we've anticipated to see more....much much more. 



Snoopy Museum Tokyo 
Roppongi 5-6-20, Minato-ku,Tokyo
Exhibition: Till September 25 (Sun)
Opening Hours: 10:00 to 20:00 (admission until 19:30) 
Open 7 days a week.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, do you know if I can visit the gift shop without purchasing a museum entry ticket?

    ReplyDelete