Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Travel Blog: Mandarin Orchard Hotel @ Singapore

On my recent trip to Singapore, I was staying in Mandarin Orchard for 3 nights. My visits to Singapore is often catching up with my buddies and having a quiet quality myself in the hotel room instead of shopping. Big thanks to my best friend who made the necessary arrangement and booking for me.




The great thing about this hotel that it's walking distance to all the shopping centers in Orchard and Sommerset (nearest MRT station is Sommerset).




The hotel is directly linked to Mandarin Gallery, a four-story shopping mall.



The check-in process was a breeze and in no time I was guided to my room.




There are 2 towers in this building, one is at the main tower and the other at orchard wing. Depending on which wing you stay, you'll have different views from the room. This trip I get the chance to stay in both wings...which I will get through that in my later post.


On the first night, I stayed at the orchard wing. 



Everything you need in the room...LCD TV, complimentary wifi, electronic safe, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities.


Just looking at the bed I only want to snuggle up for a good snooze.


Big and spacious bathroom with walk-in shower or bathtub. Toiletries are ample, with toothbrush and the standard bath foam, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion.


The room overlooking the view outside, which is nothing spectacular since the view was blocks of office buildings. 


The first night I found the room to be quite warm and several attempts to adjust the temperature were in vain. The next morning  I was upgraded to a room at the main tower when the staff found that there were faulty with the air-conditioner.



The room looks like as if it has given new furniture and interior design to give it a modern and sleek atmosphere.


The view from this room is better.   


You can see Marina Bay Sand from the room.


I enjoyed every minute of my stay here but a good hotel wouldn't come cheap, especially if it's a five star hotel in Singapore. The only downside I can think of its that the room do not includes breakfast. It's better to have breakfast somewhere because it's additional RM116 per pax. I usually have my breakfast at Pique Nique which is just next to the hotel at Takashimaya. 


Didn't really check the facility of this hotel since I spend most of my time in the room or catching up with my buddies. For more information of this hotel, do check out this link for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment