Friday, November 21, 2014

Travel Blog - My First Solo Trip To Phuket (Part 1)

Thought of sharing my first solo trip to Phuket back in 2011.  Back then I was excited about the thought of travelling alone and I remembered back then I did not sleep a wink the night before. I woke up wee hours in the morning to board the train to the airport and it was still dark when I left the flat.
It was time to board the plane and I bid farewell to Singapore! 
(I was working in Singapore back in 2011).
It was a short journey and before long the plane arrived at Phuket Airport. Took a minivan from the airport which cost 150 baht (per pax) to Patong. Remember to hold on to the ticket for inspection later.
Less than 5 minutes after taking off, we were taken to this place where we need to have our tickets validated and to give them the hotel particulars for them to drop us off later. They'll try to recommend tour packages for you but you can politely decline if you do not want to. In less than 10 to 15 minutes we were off.




It was 1.5 to 2 hours journey to my hotel (after dropping other passengers . The driver managed to locate the hotel that I was staying *Thank God*. My room was not ready when I arrived at the hotel. My bag was kept in their store room and before leaving to explore, a complimentary welcome drink was served.... just what I need on a hot sunny day.


View of the hotel outside



Took a short stroll and Banzaan Fresh Market was just 2 minutes walk on foot. Went in to survey and had my lunch here.  


Took the escalator up to the food stall located on the first floor where I have my lunch. My tummy was rumbling to have it fill up.  You'll  need to purchase a cash card to purchase your meal.

You need to go to the card station and hand in the cash to top up your cash card. No worry, money will be refunded if there's any amount left in your cash card.

  
I was so hungry and I ended up ordering chicken rice. I guess the hunger got the better of me cause this dish was actually quite nice....once I pour all the sweet Thai chilli sauce over.


After lunch I walked over to Jungceylon Mall which was just across the road from Banzaan Market. Talk about convenience!




 Unless you are going to their weekend market, you can still get cheap souvenir here.



 This mall is huge!!!!



Only took a short stroll before heading back to the hotel to freshen up. Got the room key and headed to my room on the first floor, Thankfully I only have a small bag with me as there's no lift in this Boutique Room. 
 
The room was nice and lovely. But best of all, it was sparkling clean. That is what I love about. =)

After freshen up, took a slow stroll to Patong Beach. It was 20 to 25 minutes walk from the hotel.








The weather was too hot that I only sat down at the bench for 5 minutes before I head off to somewhere cooler. 


After all those walking, what better way to have a nice massage. 
Cheap massage and only 200 baht.
After massage, I was on my way back to the mall for dinner when I came across this small stall selling pancake. My temptation kicked in and went ahead to order one for myself. 


 Hot and fresh...yeah!



Banana Honey Pancake, only cost 40 baht. It was delicious and quite a big portion. At time like this, I wished I have a friend to share.



For dinner, I went to a Japanese Restaurant for dinner at Jungceylon. LOL....I know, I come all the way to Thailand and ordered Japanese Meal when I should be eating their local food. But hey, the price was reasonable and what better way to treat myself a nice meal after a long day.


If you're at Jungceylon around 7pm or 9pm, why don't you head to the water fountain and watch their fountain show.




Went to the supermarket to get some snack before heading back to the hotel room. Love their local mango....super sweet.


That wraps up my first day in Phuket.
To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment