Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thailand Travel Blog @ Day 1: Travel Day To Chiang Mai & Night Market (Travelling with Elderly)

It's been years since I last went to Chiang Mai and I was only a student back then. Move forward to this year in 2014 I get to take a trip down with my family. This trip was a last minute planning for my aunt and I have to take into consideration of my aunt condition. It was difficult to plan out any itinerary as my aunt was not able to walk far due to her age (she's 85) and have to refrained from doing any activities/sight-seeing that may be too arduous for my aunt. 


When travelling with elderly, it requires a lot of extra time when travelling as my aunt can not move quickly. Eventually, we all agreed that Chiang Mai will be suitable for her which do not require her to travel far.  

The day finally came and we were off for a 3 days 2 nights holiday. Booked our flight through Airasia and arrived at KLIA2 a bit earlier to have breakfast at Warung before boarding the plane. 


The journey was less than 3 hours flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chiang Mai Airport. 
So far everything was fine with my aunt through out the journey. 


I didn't make any prior arrangement for the transportation to the hotel so the first thing we did when we landed was to look for a taxi counter to get a cab to our hotel. 


The journey from the airport to the our hotel were pleasant and comfortable. 


The town looks incredibility laid back and have a small town atmosphere. 


In no time we arrived at Dusit D2 Chiang Mai Hotel where we stayed for 2 nights. Our rooms were super spacious and we were pleased staying in this hotel. You can read my review on this hotel here


Have our lunch at Moxie which is located on the ground floor. 


We decided to take a rest in the room after a hearty lunch. 


We didn't go out until it was in evening when the sun had set.


Our hotel is only walking distance to the night market and we can go back to the hotel if my aunt gets tired. 



In no time, we call it a day as my aunt needs her rest and we headed back to the hotel for dinner. On the way back we stopped by at 7-eleven to get some drinks.


Highly recommend to try this drink when you're in Thailand. Taste wise is quite similar to Yakult drink....but in a much bigger bottle. 


We went back to the same restaurant for our dinner since the food at Moxie was good. 


And that wraps up my first day in Chiang Mai. 
It was a pretty relax and laid back trip on our first day. 
Continue reading my trip on day 2

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    สินเชื่อพรอมิส

    ReplyDelete