Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Best Ramen at 'Menya Kamikaze' @ 1 Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

The other day while strolling around, I came to know that Menya Kamikaze is the recent ramen shop to be opened. I was delighted cause now I get to come here for ramen if I ever have craving for some hot ramen noodle. 



At one glance, it's a small shop located next to Sushi Zanmai. Menya Kamikaze have a bar counter with a small eatery area.



Their menu offers only few selections of soup base, sides dishes, a la carte, and drinks. 



Was craving for something fried and ordered croquette (RM10) from the a la carte section. It's interesting to find that the outer layer is steaming hot while the inside is still cold. Taste wise was not bad. 


Pork Soup Ramen (Kamikaze Size - RM22). Kamikaze size served 2 slices of roast pork, egg, bamboo shoots, spring onion, black fungus and seaweed. 


I was surprise with the portion that was served here. When we ordered the kamikaze side, I was expecting thin slices of roast pork (which we usually get) but was taken back when I scoop out not one but two thick chunks of roast pork. The soup base for this it's really thick, defiantly different from the ramen shops I had tried. 


I find that the serving size of Kamikaze is huge. Finishing two thick chunks of meat can be quite heavy for one person...even for a big eater like me. Highly recommended to share. Overall, I really enjoyed my ramen experience here. Will definitely come back for more. 

Menya Kamikaze
Lot 1-2, 1st Floor,
1 Mont Kiara
1, Jalan Kiara,
Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +603 6211 9499 




2 comments: