Monday, June 9, 2014

Getting To Boracay Island From Kalibo Airport

When I booked the flight to Boracay I 'assumed' that Kalibo Airport was a short boat ride away to the island itself. Boy oh boy...how wrong I was.



I admit I did not do a full research on the distance before booking the air ticket...but then again, the ticket was cheap and we only paid RM798 for the plane ticket for 2 pax (includes 1 luggage check-in, meals, insurance and airport tax). 



So imagine my horror 3 weeks before our departure I went and google to check the distance from Kalibo International Airport to Boracay island, only to find out that it was actually 1.5 to 2 hours to the Caticlan Jetty Port & another 20 minutes boat ride to Boracay Island. =.= Yup...I was horrified cause the trip was like less than 3 weeks to go and we have yet to book a hotel room or any planning for the itinerary. >.<

My biggest worry was the transportation from Kalibo International Airport to Boracay Island. Thank goodness for google and bloggers website with helpful info, I was given a clear insight how to travel to the Island. Thanks to Yannah The Wanderer blog post, her write-up on how to get to Boracay from Kalibo was easy to understand. You should defiantly check out her blog post for more details.

I like to plan ahead so I decided to google for transportation which we can booked ahead. My friend and I didn't want to go through the hassle of lining up or queries to buy the ticket. That is when my google search arrived  at this site: My Boracay Guide


Pricing for Round trip from Kalibo Airport via Standard Transfer. We're quite happy with the standard transfer and the round trip cost 1,500 PHP/USD34 (approximately RM116). Prices includes: 

1. Professional MBG Logistics Team 
2. Shuttle to Caticlan Jetty Port
3. All Environmental, Terminal and Boat Fees Included
4. Shuttle from Cagban Port to Resort Lobby
5. A Free MBG Guide Book
6. A Free Boracay Map


After booking, it take 2 to 3 days for them to reply back to you with your booking information via email. 

To know more about their service in details, you can click here to read about my experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment