Friday, September 15, 2017

My First Visits To International Tokyo Toy Show 2017

A while back I went to the International Tokyo Toy Show. It was my first visit so I wasn't sure what to expect. I left the hotel slightly after 11am after breakfast.


From the hotel to Tokyo Big Sight by train is only a short distance. But walking to the sight took a little longer....around 15 minutes walk. 


Since it was the weekend there were huge crowd heading the same direction as me....especially parent with kids. 


Taking the escalator down to the hall, found a huge line of baby's stroller lining up outside the event hall. I'm amazed how it's properly lined up outside and there's staff to take care of them. 


As soon you walk into the event hall you're swamped with people....and I mean a lot!


I'm not a fan of crowds but it was interesting to see what's the event about. 


Despite the huge crowd it was quite a sight too see, it was really interesting to see all the toys that children can get their hand on nowadays....unlike my days. 



Some of the re-ment collection that was on display. 


Ah....Sylvanian Families. My niece used to love these and collect them but she have outgrown them


However I have one friend who still love these miniatures though.


Although cute but they can be pricey.


Anpanman is really popular in Japan so I see quite a lot of their merchandise here. 


Not sure what to make out of this but they have some collection of these for sale 😅


Sailormoon! I used to read all the comics when I was in school. 


Even jigsaw puzzle nowadays are pretty fancy.


Although the crowds were quite overwhelming but I have to say the event was really organised. I managed to get some of the item here which was discounted more than 50 percent so in a way I didn't leave the place empty handed :)


I took off after two hours spent here. Personally I enjoyed the time there (minus the crowds) since I don't get the chance to see such event held in Japan. Although there were some language barrier but there're some staff who can communicate a bit of English....or perhaps some hand signal if they don't. If you're a fan of toys and would love to check out their latest toys before the release you can always check out their event (which is held once a year). 


No comments:

Post a Comment