Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dragon-I Restaurant @ One Utama Shopping Centre

My friend and I often have meals in cafe or western cuisines and decided to have Chinese food for a change. After a stroll in the shopping mall, my friend and I made our way to Dragon-I for dinner. 


We came around 6.30pm on a Saturday to avoid the crowds. Since it was early we were able to get a table for 2 without waiting. The restaurant is often packed after 7 or 8pm.

While waiting for our food to be served, we have Chrysanthemum flower for tea....something different for a change than our usual english tea/coffee/soft drinks. 


My friend have Szechuan La Mian with Assorted Seafood in Hot and Sour Soup (RM15)I tried one bite and the spiciness is quite bearable, not as hot as I thought it would be. My friend enjoyed this a lot although its not for me since it taste a bit sourish. 


We had their signature Xiu Long Bao - Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumplings (RM10.80). 4 pretty decently-sized dumplings served in dim sum tray. I personally not a fan of steamed dumplings and usually preferred fried over steamed. I must admit that this taste pretty good.


Tried their La Mian with Shanghainese Deep-fried Pork Ribs (RM18). At one glance it looks pretty blend but the soup was pretty good and the noodle itself is fine and smooth. My friend on the other hand (after eating her Szechuan La Mian) find the soup base kinder blend after taking a sip of this. No complaint for me...although it would be nice if the ribs were served hot.


Lastly for dessert we have Red Bean Pancakes. Basically it's just a fried thin crisp pancakes with red bean. It's nice and crispy when it's served hot. I've forgotten to take a picture of the pancakes so ended up taking a photo of the menu instead. 


Overall it's a pretty decent place but it can get pretty noisy when the place is full. Pricing wise is pretty reasonable and their service is pretty good. We only waited for less than 10 minutes before the food was served to us, which is quite rare for us since we usually have to wait longer. 


Dragon-I Restaurant 
S313A, Second Floor New Wing,
1 Utama,  
Persiaran Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

(Located next to Vietnamese Kitchen)
Contact: 
03-7725 8822
Business Hours:
Weekday - 11am to 10pm 
Weekend - 10.30am to 10pm


No comments:

Post a Comment