Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dinner at 'Serai' @ Jaya Shopping Centre


A while back my family and I went to 'Serai' for dinner.
It was our first visit here and the restaurant looks pretty classy.


The pictures on the menu looks so appetising. 
Quite tempted to try most of them. 
Same goes with the cakes at the front counter too. 


My aunt ordered Fish & Chips under the kids section since she wasn't hungry at the time. 


My cousin ordered Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
It's not bad although my cousin mentioned that the portion is quite small. 


Tried their Kampung Style Fried Rice
It was okay but was a bit disappointed with acar on the side. 
It doesn't taste like acar one bit. 


I think the highlight is their signature dish - Serai Platter. It's served with oxtail asam pedal, honey squid and ayam goreng berempah. My mum requested to change the squid to something else and they were nice enough to add in more oxtail asam pedal instead. It was simply delicious.....although I can imagine the calories on this plate. 


 My aunt ended up having Ice-Kacang for dessert...despite she was not hungry. 
The portion was 'HUGE'! My cousin ended sharing this with her. 


I on the other hand had 'Pistachio Creme Brûlée. 
The presentation looks exquisite. 
Taste wise....it was okay although I preferred the ice-cream. 



Overall the food is not bad although pricing wise is on the high side....depending on the dishes you order. However I'll definitely return for their Serai Platter




Serai 
Lot G-18, Ground Floor, 
Jaya Shopping Centre Jalan Semangat, 
Seksyen 14, 46100 Petaling Jaya
Contact: 03-7932 3070
Business Hours: 10am till 10pm (daily)



No comments:

Post a Comment