Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My Stay at Hotel Clover 7 @ Hong Kong Street, Singapore

Sharing my review on my recent stay at Hotel Clover 7, a boutique hotel in Singapore.



I took the airport shuttle from Changi Airport. I highly recommend taking this shuttle if you want to enjoy a comfortable airport transfer to your hotel accommodation. The airport shuttle dropped me in front of the hotel after a 50 minutes bus ride. Depending on where your hotel is, the driver usually drops other passengers while on the way.



When I arrived at the hotel it was still early to check-in. 
I left my luggage at the hotel before leaving to explore. 


There's actually a lift to come up instead of the stairs. 
I was not aware when I climb up the staircase the first time. 


When I came back to check into the room, there wasn't any staff around. Fortunately, there was a phone on the concierge & I called to inform the staff from the hotel next door (Hotel Clover)Waited a few minutes before the manager in charge came over and apologized for the wait. 


After collecting my keycard I took the lift up to the room which is right next to the concierge. There's only one lift in the building to go up. So far I didn't encounter waiting too long for the lift during my stay here.


My room was located on the 3rd floor.


Put in the keycard & turn on the air conditioner as soon as I enter. It took a while for the room to cool down but once it does the room can get pretty cold. 


I stayed in this room for 2 nights. Although it looks small but it's pretty cozy for one person. Everything I need is available in the room. 


I can store my large suitcase under the bed, as shown in the picture below. 


At one glance you can pretty much see everything, including the bathroom and the washbasin. 


The washbasin is in the room rather than in the bathroom. I think this design is becoming the norm for most hotels, especially for a single room.


There are toiletries as well as coffee/tea sachet in the room (replenish daily)


A safe deposit box and a small fridge right under the washbasin. 


Drinks in the fridge are complimentary and replenished daily. 


The complimentary room slipper is pretty decent, unlike those in plastic white slipper which most hotels usually provide (this slipper is pretty comfy)


I stayed in a single room whenever I travel and most time the bathroom is quite small. Surprisingly the bathroom in this hotel is pretty spacious. Plus point the light is pretty well lit up. 


The hotel is only a few minutes walk to Clark Quay & Chinatown MRT station. During my stay at Hotel Clover 7, I had gone to Clark Quay Central for meals as well as taking the bus and MRT. 


There's a 7-Eleven nearby and I usually grab something from there for my breakfast the next morning. 



Some may find the room a bit small and may feel a bit claustrophobic by looking at the picture. But if you're only looking for a room to stay I must say that my stay here fits me pretty well. The only downside I can think of is the soundproof of the room. There were a few occasions I was woken up by next-door when they open and close the door, as well as people chatting in the hallway. Overall I do recommend staying this hotel for travelers who are looking for a short stay in Singapore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment