Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Making My Very Own Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancake

I must admit that I'm not a fan of cooking. But when there're times you're lazy to step out from the house, you're left with no alternative but to cook your own. Usually I'll make instant noodle or fry an egg with bread. But seeing that the the pack of Nissin Powder Mix I bought will be expiring soon, I make an attempt to make Okonomiyaki...not knowing if it will be a success (or edible). 


I decided to include this pack of clam which I bought from Tokyo. 
Wished I bought more cause it was pretty tasty.


Powder mix from Nissin Brand which I got it from Japan. 
So far I've yet to find this in a local supermarket.


The pack contained 2 sachet of powder and 2 noodle pack. 
Since I was cooking for my own so I only used one of each. 


Although the pack was all in Japanese, but the picture itself pretty much gives you an idea how to cook it. The ingredients you'll need are cabbage, eggs and spring onion. I left out the cheese since I'm not really a fan of it.


After chopping everything and mixing the powder into a bowl, I wondered did I put too much of cabbage in it. 


The portion was pretty big and I think I should have put a bit of the mixer to try it out. But having not much of experience I ended up pouring everything into the fryer. ðŸ˜…


I ended up breaking it in the middle when I flip it over. But since I was cooking for my own I guess it didn't matter. And when it's finally finished, this is the end result. I like it burnt a bit...maybe because it's nice to eat when it's crispy. 


Turn out it was easy cooking this Okonomiyaki ...although it took a while for the preparation such as chopping up the ingredients. I have to give myself a pat on my back for not burning down the whole kitchen. LOL. And I must say it turn out pretty tasty...although visually it looks kinda unpleasant. 

Guess I will be on a hunt to look for similar pack such as this if I ever go to my local supermarket. If not, I guess I have to stock up more of these if I ever return back to Japan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment