Saturday, November 9, 2013

Uncle's Big 80th Birthday Bash

A while back it was my uncle's big 80th birthday. 
He invited all his families and friends to attend his birthday bash. 
Dig up my old clothes which I wore when I was working previously. 
Thankfully I still can wear them. >.<


Arrived around 7.30pm since we got lost on the way. @.@
Kinder difficult finding this place. 


We were given a color card, which is our main course for the night. 
Need to be place on our table once seated. 


Little Nikita helping out via giving out color card to guest. 


My parent were seated at the main table while the kid (me) was seated at table 2, together with my cousins and nieces ^^


Once you enter the main hell, help yourself with drinks.
Great for those who love wines and beer.


The hall was practically packed when we arrived, and I can see my nieces waving at us :)


Once seated, this is what greeted me. 
Somehow, seeing this reminded me of my past annual dinner in my old company. 


My aunt actually decorate this beautiful bouquet of flowers for display on every guest table. 


While waiting for the event to start, did some cam whore with my favorite girls. :)


In no time, my uncle's good friend went on stage, Mr Bob Tan. 
Apparently they have been friends for ages (whom I have never met until that day). 

Presenting gifts to the cook and the waiter/waitress. 


Finally, time to EAT!
Starter: Mushroom Soup & Bun


Main course: Choice of Chicken, Fish or Lamb. 
I took chicken cos it's more healthy...and also filling for me 




My 2 nieces ordered fish as their main course.
Unfortunately they didn't like it due to the mint sauce that came with it. 
Fortunately for me I ordered chicken, cos in the end I ended up sharing half with my nieces. LOL


The highlight of the course is actually the lamb. 
Most of the guest did not order this due to health conscious.
However, lucky for my dad and my two cousins who order these, they love it! >.<


After our meal, it was birthday wish and cake cutting time.
8 candles for my uncle. Was hoping for 80 candles though. LOL


Invited all the kids on stage to sing for my uncle. 
Sang 3 different languages for his birthday song. 
Unfortunately, there was no birthday cake for us.
The cake was way too small to share among the guest. 


After the birthday songs, desserts were serve. 
We have mini little red coated Bun.
Somehow it looks like a mini buttock to me. LOL


Chilled Melato Sago.
Love this dessert, its been ages since I have this. ^^


At the end of the dinner, my uncle took some of his memorable picture and share with us on the screen.
 It's interesting to see some of the pictures had put up.
 He even put up an old picture of him with his wife when they first got married. ^^


 Picture of his two lovely sons (Emil And Paul).
*Emil...gone but not forgotten*


It's really interesting to see how my uncle had traveled the world. 
And even at his age, he continues to travel.
It's true what they say, age has no barrier (but money do).


Happy happy birthday to my dear uncle.
May you have many many more birthday to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment