Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Saigon "Tram Cafe" at Ho Chi Minh City [Vietnam]

Before my trip to Ho Chi Minh I stumble upon 'Tram Cafe" when surveying where to eat while in Saigon. From the picture the cafe look impressive and I was eager to check it out when I'm here.


When the cab driver drop us after showing him the address, I did have doubt if this is the correct cafe we went since the day before we went to the wrong cafe with the same name. 


But looking at the decoration and the path we walk in...it looks like we're at the right place. 
My travel kaki who loves to pose in front of the camera (lol)🔽


When you open this door you'll find yourself transported to another place. 


We were amazed with the view that was in front of us when we walk passed the door.  


Dozen of Koi fish at the bottom of the pond when you walk across to the other side of the cafe. 


The staff who greeted us at the doorway guides us to the first floor...


where we need to cross over the wooden bridge.



my friend wanted a picture of her while she pose for the camera 🔽


Beautiful and peaceful scenery while looking down from the first floor. 


Seated on the first floor it gives you an impression that you're on top of a tree house. 


Initially we wanted to sit on the side so that we can look down the pond but the seats were all taken.


We were given a menu and ice tea once seated. 


We were early to order for their lunch set since we arrived slightly after 10am.  


My friend suggested to try their local vietnamese coffee. It was a hot day that day so what better way to cool yourself down with a cup of ice coffee. My friend who is a Vietnamese requested a coffee filter since she wanted to show me how the coffee is made (usually coffee filter is not provided if you order ice coffee).


I can't explain it but somehow the coffee here taste so good (as well as any other cafe in Saigon). Not sure if they put condense milk or some secret ingredient in it but I loved the rich flavour of the coffee.  


While sipping the coffee and chatting with my friend, I looked up and saw a cat passing by on top of the tree above us. Its so relaxing and laid back here as you watch the time passed by (or in this case a cat passed by). You feel like you have lost track of time while you listen to the waterfall at the background. 


In no time our food arrived. We have fried spring roll and fried macaroni with beef. Surprisingly they were tasty. Even my friend was impressed. Service wise was quick since there wasn't any crowds in the morning.


When we left we realised that there's a staircase next to us which lead to the main door. For those who do not wish to walk across the pond you can just take the staircase on your right side when you enter the main door. 


We came to realised that there're other seats and private seating area when we explore on the ground floor.


Tram cafe is perhaps an oasis from the busy noisy streets of Saigon. 
Prices here although a bit higher but the ambience here is worth it. 


I'll end this post by including a short clip of the cafe below 🔽

No comments:

Post a Comment