Friday, June 15, 2018

Stocking Up My Favourite Snacks...Irvis Salted Egg Fish Skin (Singapore)

My last two trips to Singapore I went and stack up my favourite snacks...and that is non other than Irvins Salted Egg Fish Skin. 


I know that I can get them online locally such as Shopee but it costs RM36 for a small pack. 


In Singapore I can get the small pack at SGD8/RM24 per pack (or SGD16/RM48 for the big pack). So if you're getting a lot more its defiantly worth getting these in Singapore (if you happen to be in Singapore). Since I was here for a short trip I decided to stack up these snacks. 


I have heard that people tend to lined up as early before the shop open and they're usually sold out by noon. So I went early in the morning...around 10.30am to the branch at Orchard Gateway. 


When I was there I was told the line was at the other corner. 




It wasn't a long line (thankfully) but then again I went on a weekdays so I'm not sure how's the crowd like on the weekends.


I was given this card so that I can present this at the counter to purchase. Each individual is only allowed to buy 5 items per day (actually only 5 items at one outlet so you can go to other outlet to get more if you need to).


Looks at the stack of boxes with all the chips! While waiting, you can request to try out some of samples (other than fish skin)


I went before Chinese New Year so they were having this promotion pack. I didn't get this pack since I wasn't interest in the chips or their newly release tapioca chips. However this pack is quite value for money if you like their chips. 



Fortunately I didn't wait too long and got my 5 packs of salted egg fish skin. 


The next outlet I went was in Marina Bay Sand. 
Just a head up, this outlet is no longer available when I went back last month (May). 
Best to check out their official website before heading to their other outlets. 


As always, I was given a card again while waiting in line. 


Surprisingly I didn't wait long and got mine in less than 10 minutes.  I came here around noon on a weekday. 


Last month when I went in Singapore I went back again to get more. As usual, it was the same routine at Orchard Gateway. 


However, if you head to Plaza Singapura at level 6 (opposite of Kopitiam food court) you can get 7 packs! And best of all, there wasn't any queue at all (I went on a weekend around 2pm)

I went and get their latest flavour - Hot Bomb Salted Egg Fish Skin. Tried their sample and it was quite spicy. They only have this in big size so I bought one. 


Personally I find the spiciness bearable but my friend who dislike spicy food find this too spicy for her liking. 


My loot from my recent trip...total 17 packs! Mind you...half of them I helped my friends to get these and some of it I gave them to my relatives or close friends. And no, I do not resell them if you're wondering...although I should consider charging my friend commission the next round 😝


And ya, I even tried out this chips...Hainanese Chicken Rice and Singapore Laksa. Personally its way too salty for my liking. Even my buddy who loves salty food find it too salty but she seems to like it. My recent trip I actually found them being sold at 7-11 (just incase you would like to try them out). 


No comments:

Post a Comment