Sunday, April 25, 2021

Hotel Blog Review: The Southbridge Hotel @ Chinatown, Singapore

I've finally put up this blog post on one of my trips to Singapore (before the pandemic). I had stayed at the Bliss Hotel twice and I thought I'll stay in another hotel close by for a change of view. 


The Southbridge Hotel is only a short 3-5 minutes walk from Bliss Hotel and MRT station (North East & Downtown line)You can take a shuttle to the hotel from the airport, but I took the train since I have the time before check-in. 


I was given a free drink voucher when I checked into my room (only once and for dine-in).


Most hotel I stayed at requires you to check out by 11am. 
At Southbridge hotel you can check out at 12pm noon. 


I got my keycard and head up to my room. 
There are only 3 floors here and I stayed on the 2nd floor. 


One glance...the room itself. 


I stayed in a single room during my stay here. For a solo traveler, the layout & space here is sufficient for me. Most time I'll be out and only be back to rest in the room.


There's a gym facility here if there are guests who wished to work out during their stay. 



A few steps from the hotel there's a cafe where I usually grab a cup of coffee or have my breakfast here. 


The only downside I can think of is the storage of luggage after check out. When picking up my luggage from the storeroom, the staff told me to pick up my bag myself without any supervision. If there's a guest who is not honest they can easily steal another bag without the staff's knowledge.


Overall I have a comfortable stay here and the price range for my stay is pretty reasonable. What I like about staying here and Chinatown is the walking distance to nearby shops and eateries. 



No comments:

Post a Comment