Saturday, March 14, 2020

Grand Birthday Dinner @ The Jaya Palace Restaurant 皇宫海鲜酒家, Wisma LYL, PJ

Today we have a small gathering to celebrate my aunt's 90th birthday. This year my cousin decided to have the dinner held at the Jaya Palace Restaurant.


While we were here there was a wedding held at the restaurant.


My cousin had made a reservation and have it in a room so that we can have our privacy. It's only a small gathering with 4 tables.


Dishes had been reserved ahead. 


Once everyone arrived, 'Life Five Senses Platter' were served.
This dish turned out to be five plates of starter!


Fish cake & fried prawn is delicious!


Next came two plates with Char Siew, Siew Yoke & duck meat....


...followed by squid. 
This dish is also a part of the starters. 


After the 'starter', next came the 'Double-Boiled Top Shell Soup with Fish Maw & Chicken'. Everyone enjoyed the sweet flavour of the soup. Cousin skipped the shark fin soup and exchange for this. Good choice!


'Braise Stuffed Sea Cucumber with Dried Scallop in Abalone Sauce'.


The following dish should be Stir-Fried Prawn Meat. Not sure if there's a mess up with the prawn fritters above, however, the combination of fried seaweed and fried beancurd with mini prawn was pretty good. 


When the next dish came....we weren't sure what it was because it came with a foil. The staff then turn on the cooker to boil. 


Below is a video of the staff opened up the foil. We pretty much guess it's fish because while the soup was boiling we actually have a whiff of the fishy smell.




My dad finds the fish a bit overcooked but still good though. I didn't have any since I disliked steamed fish (any kind of steamed fish) 😅


Baked Iberico Spare Ribs....served together with a plate of salad. 


I love the spare ribs that I had several pieces of this. 
Other guests by now were too full and had skipped this dish. 


Birthday dinner you got to have the 'Longevity Noodles'. This is perhaps the first to see this cooked in this style since we usually have it stir-fried. Some guest finds it a bit bland but if you eat together with the seaweed, it's actually pretty good.


After the noodles, it was time to gather around and sing a birthday song for my aunt 😀


If you think that's over, we still have two more dishes to go! 
We have 'Sweetened Red Bean Paste'


and the the 'Longevity Bun


Honestly....this is also the first for me to see this kind of bun. The buns are so good that I wished I can take more but my tummy had exceeded the maximum limit. I highly recommend having this bun. It's totally out of this world. The bun inside actually have a yoke in it...which I presume it's duck yoke. 


Everyone enjoyed the dinner (no kidding). I have fair share of attending birthday/wedding dinner in Chinese Restaraunt but the food here really exceed my expectation. If you're wondering what's the cost for this set menu, I did enquire my cousin about this set, she said it was around RM1200 plus per table - which can be seated for 10 to 12 people (prices does not include drinks and service tax/sst)


If you need more information or booking to dine here, below is a picture of their name card. 


It looks like they have 4 branches so you can call the respective number of your choice. Hopefully, I can have my birthday dinner here....which is coming next month (finger cross) 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment