Tuesday, April 1, 2014

1 Night Stay at "Thistle Port Dickson Resort & Spa"

Thought of sharing my experience when staying at the 'Thistle Port Dickson Resort & Spa'. Stayed a night here on the 3rd day of Chinese New Year this year. I had wanted to stay here since my last visit to this resort with my friends (back in 2012). At the time, my friends and I only checked out the facility that the resort without staying a night. After all, my last visit here left a good impression and high expectation for me to book a night here for a well needed R&R away from the city with my family. 


Driving through a long road to the resort.


Thistle half open air lobby which is really airy. 
The lobby lounge offers plenty of comfortable seats and sofas for resort guests.
*It's the same as I remembered in my last visit*


Check in process took longer than expected. The lady at the front desk doesn't look too happy or attentive cause she had not smiled nor greet us when we approached her. I have observe other staff at other front desk were pleasant and attentive...so we were a bit disappointed with this particular staff who attended to us as it seemed she was not in a jolly mood.

Not wanting to ruin my day...I went and took pictures around the resort's surroundings and left my mum and my cousin to be attended by the staff. 


We went straight to our room once we got our key card.
Our floor was on the forth floor....and our room number for the night: 454. 
#Nice number huh? 


Once walked into the room, one will find the room to be spacious and airy. :)


Free Wifi in the room...a must for me wherever I go. ^^



Complimentary drink, sachets of tea and coffee are available for guest. 


The  bathroom is spacious as well....although there were some flaw to it...which I will mentioned at the end of the blog. For now, one glance you'll be impressed. 


Basic bath amenities/toiletries provided.


Extra pillow provided at the top of the closet.


Safety box available in the room....but we didn't use it. 


The view from our room’s balcony. Ahh....looks nice and blissful right? However, wouldn't recommend to stay near the swimming pool cause morning it can be a bit noisy. 


Took a tour around the resort .




The resort offers many kid friendly activity. The infinite pool is worth spending time there. This hotel also has a golf course next to it, so it is quite value for money if you play golf. Defiantly worth your money for family with kids.


Now...coming to a not so good review with the room we stayed. First, found a big crack on the hairdryer. It's not those mini crack but a big crack...as shown in the picture. 

The toilet door can't be shut..unless you closed it 'hard'...which we dare not since we do not want to break the door or get stuck in the toilet. The toilet floor wasn't 'clean' as dust/dirt can be felt on our foot.


My cousin who stayed in the other room have the same problem as well. In addition to that, the shower head in their bathroom is faulty and they have a hard time showering. She didn't want to bother us nor to trouble anyone so they kept quiet about it until we checked out the next day. >.<

The cover and bed sheet can be shown that it was not ironed. We wondered did they change the sheet or reused from the last guest who stayed the night before. The bed that I slept on was shaky and every attempt of me turning or tossing on the bed, the bed will move/shake (not kidding). Fortunately my mum did not experience this problem on her own bed.

One would not expect such as this from a resort which claimed to be 5 stars right? =.=


Breakfast was not included in the package and hence we ordered one america breakfast in the room to share. This breakfast set cost over Rm50+++, but it's big enough to be shared by 2 people. If we have taken their buffet breakfast, it would have cost over RM70+++  per pax.  @.@





My overall verdict: highly disappointing, especially how much we paid for the room. We paid closed to RM1700 (Rm850 for each room) for 2 twin room and ordered one american breakfast in the morning. So you can imagined how disappointed we were with the maintenance of the room. When one is paying so much for a room such as this... one would have expect much more. #Would not complained as much if we do not pay as much as this. 


Would I come back to stay a night...the answer will be NO. The price tag considered over price with that kind of quality we get for staying a night. However, if you have children or travelling with a group of friends, then this is the place to be.  In addition, not recommended to stay during peak period or public holidays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment