Monday, March 14, 2016

My Visits To Hello Kitty Gourmet Cafe @ Sunway Pyramid (Malaysia)

Since the launch of Hello Kitty Cafe in Sunway Pyramid, my friend and I have been planning to check out this cafe for a while now. We went on a weekday since weekends can be overly crowded. 


Some of the promotion they have outside the cafe. 


As soon you stepped into the cafe, you'll find nothing but cute deco and bright colours. 


I seriously love the fireplace and the coffee painting of Hello Kitty on the wall. 


More Hello Kitty decorations.


Since we opted for lunch, we took the staircase to the second floor.


Hello Kitty menu.


Once we placed our order, my friend and I went crazy snapping pictures away. 
The place was pretty quiet so we pretty much have the whole place to ourselves upstairs. 


Love the Hello Kitty canvas on the wall.


In no time, our drinks were served. We have Cappuccino (RM15.50) since we wanted a kitty design on our drinks. You can check with the staff which drinks comes with kitty design. Taste wise, we found the coffee a bit weak but with the cute kitty design I guess it's okay. 


We ordered french fries which is not on the menu. Can be requested if you need fries since my friend and I wanted something to munch on. If I'm not mistaken, this plate of french fries is approximately RM10++. It comes in a cute pink bucket and some marshmallow on the side. We personally love the sweet potato. 


Oven Baked Tomatoes (RM23.90) - Tomato stuffed with beed bacon, eggs and asparagus. Served with a toasted kitty bread. My friend said it was only average....nothing to shout about. In addition, the portion for this dish was small. Not recommended if you're really hungry. 


Les Trois Ouefs (RM26.30) - eggs cooked in 3 ways - scrambled, poached and sunny side up. I like the cute Hello Kitty bread but taste wise it was only average. 


For dessert we can order these cute cupcakes or macaroons from the counter... 


....but decided to have Churros (RM20.70) which was recommended by the waitress. Unfortunately it was quite a disappointment. Although the decoration and the smell was wonderful....but after taking a bite of this we went 'huh?!?' This sweet surprises on the menu was defiantly a surprise cause it taste horrible. We have to put loads of strawberry jam on top to make it taste better. We didn't finish the churros and mostly ate up all the marshmallow and the fruits that were on it. I would NOT recommend this dish at all.  


All in all, the experience was not too great and for the price we paid we could dine at another cafe with better food. I guess the cafe is only worth visiting for the ambience and the cute Hello Kitty decoration. But put that aside, I don't think I will be going back to this cafe anytime soon. 


Hello Kitty Gourmet Cafe
Lot 083.F.6, Oasis Boulevard
Ground Floor Sunway Pyramid
Tel: 03-5612 7703
Business hours: 
Mon – Fri (10am to 11pm)
Sat – Sun (10am to 1am)

2 comments:

  1. Read many reviews said that this cafe is overrated =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have to agree with them. I guess people go there for the ambience and the cute hello kitty decoration.

      Delete